Welcome to the Growing North Cariboo Society webpage. The Growing North Cariboo Society is a non-profit formed as a sister organization to the North Cariboo Agricultural Marketing Association (dba FARMED).
Growing North Cariboo and P4HC:NC Projects
Address: 2861 Nazko Road Quesnel, BC V2J 7E5
Phone: 250 249 5329
Fax: 250 249 5359
The Growing North Cariboo Society has worked with the Northern Health Authority and Cariboo Regional District to establish the Partnering for Healthier Communities Committee of the North Cariboo (P4HC-NC).
The Partnering for Healthier Communities: North Cariboo (P4HC:NC) is a stakeholder group composed of people representing a wide range of groups, organizations and agencies from across the North Cariboo (Nazko to Wells / Strathnaver to McLeese Lake). It’s establishment in 2014 was led by Growing North Cariboo Society and is co-chaired by a representative of the Cariboo Regional District and Northern Health.
The intent of this committee is to identify issues that are related to community health with a focus on food security, access to local, fresh healthy food and how these fit into healthy communities and sustainable community development.
In the spring of 2016 the North Cariboo P4HC Committee initiated the “Empowering Family Health” project.
The Empowering Family Health project has multiple linked components focused on food production and preservation. These components include:
Schools and community groups have an opportunity to submit a Request for Proposals. Examples of past projects include events such as Seedy Saturday, as well as, school and community gardens.
A North Cariboo database of people with knowledge and presentation abilities, non-profit organizations, events and facilities related to food production, preservation and agricultural practices.
Workshops and Seminars
Held in rural communities able to provide a representative to assist with coordination.
Food Preservation Equipment and Library
Five rural communities have been gifted with food processing and preservation equipment and books, which is available for residents to access and use on a lending basis.
Information Sheet-North Cariboo P4HC
Terms of Reference-North Cariboo Healthier Communities Committee
- 2018 ToR – NC Healthier Communities Committee
- 2017 ToR – NC Healthier Communities Committee
- 2016 ToR – NC Healthier Communities Committee
- News Release – P4HC Resource Inventory Project Underway May 17, 2016
- GNC-NC P4HC News Release – P4HC is awarded $20,000 April 5, 2016
- Empowering Family Health Project
- Invitation to Participate _Empowering Family Health – May 17, 2016
- Opportunity for Sponsorship – Empowering Family Health May 17, 2016
Minutes of North Cariboo Partnering for Healthier Communities Committee
- 2018 Feb 6 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2017 Nov 21 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2017 Sept 19 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2017 May 23 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2017 February 28 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2017 January 9 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2016 September 13 MINUTES – NC P4HC
- 2016 May 3 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2016 April 5 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2016 February 29 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2016 February 10 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- 2016 January 11 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- November 2, 2015 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- September 16, 2014 MINUTES North Cariboo P4HC
- August 12, 2014 MINUTES CRD P4HC
- July 16, 2014 MINUTES CRD P4HC (1)
- June 23, 2014 MINUTES CRD P4HC (3)
Minutes of Empowering Family Health Steering Committee
- 2017 May 8 MINUTES Steering Committee
- 2017 Mar 27 MINUTES Steering Committee
- 2017 Feb 6 MINUTES Steering Committee
- 2016 Sept. 19 MINUTES Steering Committee
- 2016 July 25 MINUTES Steering Committee
- 2016 June 27 MINUTES Steering Committee
- 2016 May 30 MINUTES Steering Committee
- 2016 May 9 MINUTES Steering Committee